1 May 2013

Colour Selection

Taking inspiration from the inspirational videos I looked at I have created different arrangements of colours using my storyboard as a base. 



I decided to do these two brightly coloured options but I don't think they fit the music at all because the music is quite dull with some contrast but these colours are bright and cheery.


I also tried out this off-white, grey and back theme but decided that there needs to be some colour to bring a bit of life because it looks too dull.

I then went to look for inspiration for other colour alternatives. I looked at the album cover for the song and saw the black, red and white theme so decided to try and use that.




I think the black background looks good but I decided to also try it reversed. I sort of prefer the white background as it fits slightly better with the music and to me shows meaning in every part both shape and colour.


I also looked at adding a simple texture effect to try and bring a little life to it and I think I may look more at texture. I think the image is very flat but it is a good base to work from.


Another experiment I tried was feathering the edge of my shapes to make them less harsh, I think this is a lot more subtle than the texture and I like the soft appearance. I also prefer the off-white colour because of it being less harsh.