7 February 2013

A thought

I have just looked at I love dust and their work and I have just posted about found type which fits in with them. Now I have to stop and considder myself. Yes I like the fonts I looked at but I'm supposed to sell myself, now I am not sure if I should be fitting in with them or going with my own style of what I'd call simple type styles or "scruffy" type styles, more like doodles.

[Source] p.157 Hand Job

[Source] p.134 Hand Job

[Source] p.94 Hand Job

[Source] p.45 Hand Job

[Source] p.110 Hand Job
 
Above are things I like, type made of lines, type with twirly bits, little patterns. I also like loose cursive hand writing and yes I also like the bubbily fun writing. Self promotion is hard, there is so much to consider, I don't think I've ever had to think about myself is so much detail before. I think I like too much of a wide range of type to narrow it down enough for this project and there is also a different between type I like to look at and type I can actually create.
 
Decision time: I have chosen to stick with my guns and use a style which fits in with the agency because I chose them because of their modern work so I think it's only right to stick with the idea of modern for this project.