20 April 2013

After Effects - Workshop 1

In the After Effects workshop we were taught how to use the functions in the program including how to set up compositions, selecting layers and scaling of images. Eventually we got into rotating too. However, before doing this we were taught about pixels on Photoshop and then we edited out image, the Batman logo in Photoshop before opening the file in After Effects. Below is the clip which I produced.

                 

After the workshop I went back to After Effects and made another logo animation.


                 

For both of these I used the same process as before with separating the logo elements and making them move. I like the Mastercard one more than the Batman one because it runs a bit better and uses both rotation and positioning on the page to manipulate it. 

I think these simple movements are definitely something which I can transfer into my project.