25 April 2013

After Effects - Workshop 3

In this workshop we used a lot of techniques such as cameras, lights and adding text to an image to create a 3D effect animation. This process is called 2D to 3D animation. Below is what I produced in the workshop.

                      

I really like how this works and I'm proud of the camera work with the focusing. After doing this I went home to try and create another one myself, after forgetting how to do a couple of things I tried to produce a similar image.

                     

With this animation is was hard to get the camera focusing just right because the cartoon style made it hard to see which parts of the image were in sharp focus and which were blurred. It isn't as good at the Spiderman animation but I still managed to get the processes in there which is the more important thing.

Using the camera and lights was hard and confusing at first but now it has become something that I surprisingly comfortable with, this gives me confidence to maybe use a light or camera technique in my project.