16 April 2013

Inspirations 2 - Abstraction based pieces

Below are a selection of abstraction based animations to music which I enjoyed and think could help me develop a better idea for my project.


In this video a really like how sounds are represented in this almost sporadic fashion along with this very sporadic track/array of sounds. I think this may be of some help to me if I was attempting an extreme abstraction piece.


This animation uses an approach i haven't yet looked at which is stop motion animation I like what you can do with stop motion and although this has no sound i still like it as a smooth piece of work. this could be another possibility for me instead of illustration.

                       
                                                         
I think this is amazing but unfortunately out of my reach I think but I really like how the shape is deconstructed and reconstructed, I think it is a real spectacle and it fits well with the music. I only wish I could be this good.

                

This is different to anything else I've looked at, I like the shape morphing and how the movements fit well with the music but the shape itself has no relation to the music.

                                  

I think this is of inspiration to me because again it is different to other things I have looked at and I think it is even more abstract because there is no definitive shape used. I could use line, or like here smoke, to represent different sounds as a good alternative to shape.