16 April 2013

Inspirations 1 - Rhythm based pieces

Below are a selection of rhythm based animations to music which I enjoyed and think could help me develop a better idea for my project.


I have chosen this video because I like how the shapes are in rhythm and always apear in the same place, I still think it is abstract even without the movement of shapes and I particularly like the use of the bars and circles to contrast.


I think this is quite fantastic, I think it is almost an alternative view of a music score. I would be possible for me to do something like this as my track in the most part has a clear rhythm.


I like this because it is hand drawn cell animation which of course I have done and it is very smooth. Content wise I like the movement and how the dots represent the striking high pitched sound in the song.

                            

Here I like the relationship between shapes and how the beat is picked out. In some parts of it I like the triangles and use of circles too to contrast the huge usage of squares. I do think there is a lot going on though.

                     
                                           
I really like this video because of all the different elements and colour, this might work with my track with it having multiple instruments at different speeds, a colour could represent each one.