16 April 2013

Inspirations 3 - Other inspirations


Here I am looking at animations which I find inspiring but are not directly related to music but are still useful for this project.


I saw this which inspired me because of the abstract wisps instead of actual shapes, again as I've said previously this could be an approach I could take.


I have chosen to show this clip because I think it is a good demonstration of representation.

                                            

As I have previously touched on stop motion animation I thought I'd include a few bits, I really like stop motion animation I think it is a very creative process and you have a lot of freedom with it. I think it's actually here that I realise that this project isn't so daunting and that really it's all about creation, the hard bit only comes in matching music but sometimes things don't match but it still works.

 

I actually found Pes a long time ago before we were shown it in this module, I love their work I think it is pretty amazing how they create the things they do and it just shows exactly what can be done. In this I like how they take recognisable objects and change them.


I really like this animation too and it shows that sometimes there are no limits (although for my project there is) but it shows how things like stop motion don't just have to apear on a 2D surface but can also be 3D.


This sort of stop motion video is more with in my reach but I still like this, a lot happens and it is still smooth. You could imagine a little thing like this being put to some music and creating a rhythmical drawing sequence.